The Traditional Chinese Kung Fu program at the Baltimore Academy of Defence features four complementary parts:
2. LOSE WEIGHT: Xingyiquan can aid weight control efforts by reducing the cortisol levels, as well as by burning excess calories and reducing stress.
3. STRESS RELIEF: Xingyiquan reduces the physical effects of stress on the body by encouraging relaxation and lowering the levels of the stress hormone, cortisol.
4. FLEXIBILITY: Xingyiquan helps to improve flexibility and mobility, increasing range of movement and reducing aches and pains.
5. INCREASED STRENGTH and STAMINA: Xingyiquan uses every muscle in the body, helping to increase strength and stamina literally from head to toe.
6. PAINRELIEF: Xingyiquan can ease chronic pain.
7. DISCIPLINE: Martial arts is a proven effective method of building self-esteem, self-discipline, and goal oriented behavior.
8. BETTER BREATHING: Xingyiquan teaches how to take slower, deeper breaths.
9. BETTER BODY ALIGNMENT: Xingyiquan helps to improve body alignment, resulting in better posture, relieving back, neck, joint & muscle problems.
10. FUN: Relaxed classes with a friendly atmosphere keeps you motivated and active.